Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Done.

I am so unbelievably over it. Everything. Work. Friends. Family. Responsibility. Being nice. Being dependable. Being understanding. If I don’t push myself to the breaking point on everything, I get shit. But I should forgive all others if they push a deadline, miss a meeting, flake out, act nasty, etc. I am so sick of it. I’m sick of dealing with all the fucking crap that comes with being a productive adult. I don’t set expectations on anyone but myself, therefore I do not like having expectations set upon me by someone else. But I can’t seem to get away from them. I want to check out. I want to throw my hands up and say “Fuck it. I’m done.” Turn off my phone, unplug the internet and live in solitary.

I have been a thriving pregnant woman – and because, I’m constantly moving and going. People are always complimenting on “how impressed they are that I’m feeling so well.” But you know what that does? That just makes people think that I can – at 37 weeks pregnant – work 14 hours a day. I’m fucking tired. Not physically, but mentally. I’m overwhelmed – with work, with commitments, with the impending life change and I’m slowly getting burnt out. It’s my own fault. I’ve set the precedent that “I’m feeling good and I can do it all.” Why don’t I open my mouth and say “No more!!!” ?? Seriously … no more.


* I just wanted to put a disclaimer that I am by no means complaining about my pregnancy. I'm simply complaining about the assholes I have to deal with while being pregnant. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry people think they may take advantage of you. Sometimes, it is the best to stand up for yourself. 37 weeks pregnant is one of the most awful times for you to get stressed over ignorant, selfish people. Grrr. I can hardly wait for your mat leave to kick in. I started the countdown for you!
    ***
    Peyton will be here so soon!!!! Yay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more is right!!!

    Go get a doctors note and call it quits. Seriously.

    Or call in the troops, tell them you're exhausted, be frank, and tell them what YOU need in order to stay and get the job done.

    Sooooo close my dear. You can do it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you so much love, sweetie. I'm so sorry you are going through this tough time. I sincerely hope that you can find a way to get the break you need and deserve.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Seeing your smiling "faces" makes me feel sooo much better. xo

    ReplyDelete