Thursday, May 26, 2011

38 weeks

How Far Along: 38 weeks ... just two short weeks!

Size of baby: Month 9 (Week 36 - Delivery) Baby is the size of a watermelon.
Average size: 18.9-20.9 in, 6.2-9.2 lb

38w
-
Peyton has really plumped up. She (approx.) weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which I'll soon be able to test when I hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

I still think Peyton is going to be small despite the conversation I had today with a coworker - she thinks I'm having a 9lb baby ... she must be on drugs.

Maternity Clothes:
Yup - As much as I'm tired of sporting the same wardrobe week after week, I have to say I will miss the coziness of the stretchy waist. I can't believe I have to go back to buttons and zippers! :)

Weight Gain: I actually didn't gain any weight this week. I'm actually only at 18lbs (I read my chart on Friday)


Belly: It's weird - those maternity photos make my belly look huge!!! Here - not so much!


Stretch Marks: Nope, not yet. Still lathering on the lotions and oils. I'm not out of the woods yet ... I still check everyday.

Sleep: Sleep is OK. I'm exhausted during the day, but it's not for the lack of sleep. Well maybe it's for the lack of straight sleep. I wake up a few times during the night to adjust my position and/or go to the bathroom and/or to fight off a leg cramp.

Best Moment of the Week: Knowing that today is my "last" day of work. Next week I will come in only to clean my office, file emails, and shadow my freelancer.

Movement: She has been moving a lot actually. Lots of squirming around. I wonder if she is either moving herself downward and trying to escape or if it's simply she has gotten bigger, so I feel more of the movement.

Symptoms: Cramping, pressure, gas. Lots going on in my mid region.

Food cravings: I still love food.

Gender: A Little Lady.

What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. And honestly not having all the attention drawn to my stomach. I will not miss random people touching me.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Everything. Finishing work. Labor starting. The birth. Holding her for the first time. Seeing what she looks like.

Weekly Wisdom:
Start a birth date and such pool - it's funny to hear what everyone thinks. I've gotten as early as tomorrow and as late as June 19th!

Milestones: I'm in the two week countdown!

Emotions: Excited. Anxious. Impatient for it all to happen. I want to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy but I want her to be here already. C said to me this morning "When is this baby coming? Stop hogging her and share her!" He is too cute.

1 comment: