Thursday, May 12, 2011

36 weeks

How Far Along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: My final MONTH!!! Month 9 (Week 36 - Delivery) Baby is the size of a watermelon.
Average size: 18.9-20.9 in, 6.2-9.2 lb (<---- WOW - 9 lbs????)


36w - She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Peyton swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. Ewww, Peyton! :)

Maternity Clothes: Yes - but still not many maternity shirts. I'm sick of wearing the same 6 pairs of work pants each week. But I do love my jeans ... and I know it's stupid b/c I only have 4 weeks left, but I had to buy a pair of cropped jeans b/c it's getting too hot! :)

Weight Gain: I think I'm up 19lbs total.

Belly: Yes, I have one. haha. I'll post one later.

Stretch Marks: Nope, not yet. Still lathering on the lotions and oils.

Sleep: Sleep isn't too bad. I still wake up a few times during the night, but am able to get back to bed pretty quickly. I am having crazy birth dreams now. Last night I was standing in the hospital room by myself and looked in the mirror and my stomach was completely flat except for a little bulge near my pubic bone. I looked down and the baby's head was sticking out. Yikes! Let's hope that doesn't happen - although in my dream it didn't hurt, so maybe ....

Best Moment of the Week: Just knowing that she will be here in less than a month!

Movement: She moves. Lots of scooting around. Lots of feeling of movement REALLY low. I think she is trying to punch her way out.

Symptoms: Cramps, lots of them. And pressure in my crotch and butt. I want her to stay in at least until the first week in June, but I'm not sure I want to go thru this for another 3-4 weeks.

Food cravings: Nothing sounds appetizing to me these days. I'll eat whatever is convenient, but when C asks me I want, I can never come up with an answer.

Gender: A Little Lady.

What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Not working in 3 weeks. I can't believe I only have three weeks left.

Weekly Wisdom: "
It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told." Use lotion all over. On the belly, arms, legs, face. I have noticed that my skin feel extra dry these days even though I'm drinking a ton of water still.

Milestones: In my last month of pregnancy!!!

Emotions: Emotionally feeling good. Excited. I do snap at people, but most of them understand. Physically, I'm tired. usually at the end of the day. Right now I'm miserable b/c my allergies are AWFUL!!! It always makes me feel like I'm sick. Boo hoo.

3 comments:

  1. I love coming here for an update, it always makes my day.

    But where or where is my Peyton????

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28 days remaining, seriously?! I can't believe it is near the end and you will be meeting Miss Peyton soon! My skin is so dry lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were up to something!! I couldn't get to your post ALL DAY!!! And you know, I live for updates! CARRRRRRRRRRRRRAZY dream you had there girl. Stay put Peyton, stay put!

    I will graciously accept a pic of Peyton whenever you get around to it....insert Jeopardy theme music here.

    xo

    ReplyDelete