Thursday, March 31, 2011

30 weeks

How Far Along: 30w - holy cow!

Size of baby: Month 7 (29w - 32w)– Baby is the size of Squash - about 15.2 - 16.7 inches long and 2.5 - 3.8 lbs.

30w - A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

Maternity Clothes: I love how comfy they are, but I hate how little choices I have in the mornings now. However I did get a really nice maternity dress from G.ap for my shower. There is still a little room in the belly, but I'm sure in the next 10 days, I'll fill it out.

Weight Gain: 15 lbs.

Belly: I swear I'm getting bigger everyday. I don't mind it though ...


Stretch Marks: Nope, not yet. Just started to get a little itchy, nothing major though.

Sleep: Peyton likes to kick like crazy around 3:30am. So for the last couple of nights, I've been up for a good hour to two. I'm tired!

Best Moment of the Week: Tomorrow will be the best moment!!! 3D ultrasound!!!

Movement: She is moving. I say to C all the time "I wonder what she is doing in there." Some days I swear she is rearranging my insides and others I have to double check that she is still in there.

Symptoms: TMI - Gas! Lots of it.

Food cravings: None really. Maybe pizza - I seem to eat that a lot. But I've always liked pizza, so I don't think it can go under "cravings"

Gender: A Little Lady.

What I Miss: My husband. He is once again away on business. He only has one more month of travel and then I've grounded him thru May and June.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our 3D ultrasound tomorrow. Saturday - so I can nap in the middle of the day. My baby shower next Sunday. The crib coming in - who knows when that happens. Lots of things to look for forward to.

Weekly Wisdom: Baths are wonderful! I suggest taking one. I take one probably a few times a month and I love it. I just make sure it's not too warm, but it's nice. And funny when the baby kicks, the water ripples.

Milestones: I am 3/4 the way through! WOW!!!

Emotions: I'm doing OK. No major freak outs. I still get weepy at TV shows. I'm sure that will be the same postpartum, but I'm wondering when that eventually goes away. I'm a huge fan of the tears! :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking so good!!! You are getting closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I can't believe 3/4 quarters have gone by already. Insane!

    ReplyDelete