Thursday, March 3, 2011

26 weeks

How Far Along: 26w

Size of baby: Month 6 (25w - 28w)– Baby is the size of an eggplant, 13.6 - 14.8 inches long and weighs about 1.5 - 2.2lb.

26 w - Baby is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs 1.75 lbs and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants. Although I am finding that some of my shirts aren't long enough anymore. Not so much for the belly, but for the low rise maternity jeans I have. :)

Weight Gain: I got on this morning and I'm up 12 lbs. I know that's still good in comparison, but I have to admit it's still shocking when I get on the scale and it keeps going up.I hope I hold at 12 lbs until my next appt.

Belly: I think I popped a little bit.


Stretch Marks: Nope, not yet.

Sleep: I couldn't get to sleep last night. I just laid there. C is away on business again. Whereas once my bed was super comfortable when he wasn't there, now I'm just feeling alone in bed.

Best Moment of the Week: I really don't have a best moment this week - actually this week has kind of sucked (not in baby sense - but work and responsibility sense)

Movement: She is moving. I wish she was a little stronger so C could feel her whenever she kicks. It's only a few times now that he has felt her.

Symptoms: Same ole', same 'ole - allergy symptoms, leg cramps, etc.

Food cravings: No more consistent cravings.

Gender: Still a vagina ... I hope.

What I Miss: Nothing really.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting the NEW crib in and starting to put together the nursery.

Weekly Wisdom: C and I ordered a crib and changing table online thinking it would match furniture we already had. I got the call last Friday that they were in. Well this is the reason you shouldn't purchase furniture online ... it was completely a different color than the picture showed. It was more a cherry wood than an espresso wood. C put both pieces together and I sat in the room with the biggest sourpuss on my face. He wasn't happy with them either. I bought these cute yellow bins to put under the changing table however when I put them under this one, they looked terrible! So after all that, we went back to BRU with a shelf from a current piece of furniture we had in that room and went through trying to match the color. We finally found a crib ... but they didn't have a changing table in the set, so C grabbed a changing table from another set and brought it over to the crib. The color matched. So we left Sat nite with a changing table and another crib ordered. Then we took apart the original crib and table and returned it. Ugh. Moral of the story, Don't order furniture online.

Milestones: In 11 days, I will be entering my third trimester! Where has the time gone?

Emotions: I kind of went through a little funk this past week or so. It may have been from my grandmother, may have been from C being gone, or I'm just chalking it up to pregnancy hormones. Either way, I'm in desperate need of laughter and smiles.

3 comments:

  1. Laughter and smiles....go check out my blog.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great. Congrats on the 6 month mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute belly with your little girl in there! Sucky about the furniture but glad you got it all figured out.

    ReplyDelete