Thursday, March 17, 2011

28 weeks - third trimester!

How Far Along: 28w … THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!

Size of baby: Month 6 (25w - 28w)– Baby is the size of an eggplant, 13.6 - 14.8 inches long and weighs about 1.5 - 2.2lb. (I’ll stick with this, but in WTEWYE I’m in my 7th month)

28 w - Peyton is settling into the proper position for birth, with her head facing downward (toward my body's nearest exit!). My little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. She's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Her sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means she could be dreaming already.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants. I’ve been holding out on purchasing maternity tops. I’m hoping that I can hold up until the warmer weather.

Weight Gain: Down 2 lbs … 12 lbs total. When I went to my appt last week, I had only gained 1 lb in the 4 weeks.

Belly: I feel like it looks a little smaller today.

Stretch Marks: Nope, not yet.

Sleep: Sleeping is a little better – I think. I am now starting to get up to pee every night and I know it will only get worse.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting hit on! I went to that bachelorette party this weekend. We drove down to Baltimore and had strip tease class – floor, chair and stripper pole lessons. It was so funny to see everyone do it and I certainly looked ridiculous trying to be all sexy with my belly. Haha. Then we went to this dueling piano bar – it was a lot of fun. We had a boa with all these tasks on it for the bride to be to do. So a lot of guys were coming over to our tables and were helping out with the tasks. I was sitting at the table and this guy comes up to me – and let me say if I wasn’t married and pregnant I would have been thrilled … he was very nice looking - and starts flirting and saying “there’s an attraction between us” (haha – guys are too funny, but that’s another story) and after about talking to him for about 5-10 mins, he looks down at my left hand and sees my wedding rings. He points to them and goes something like, “oh no.” Then I said “So is it the fact that I’m married that bothers you” and then I stand up and say “or is it b/c I’m 6 months pregnant” and I point to my belly. The look on this guy’s face was PRICELESS! Me and my girlfriends got a really good laugh out of that one. LOL. But let me tell you, it soooo made my night! Hell, it made my pregnancy! :)

Oh and I had my glucose test on Friday – it really wasn’t as bad as I thought. I think I passed. They said that if the results are fine, that they would just tell me at my next appt and if they were bad, they would call me to make an appt to do the 3hour one. I haven’t heard from them, so I’m assuming it’s all good.

Movement: Some days she is moving all around, other days, quiet as a mouse. ?

Symptoms: No more swelling – I’m choking that up to working my tail off last week. My lower back is starting to hurt by the end of the night, but that’s about it.

Food cravings: No more consistent cravings. But I am noticing that I'm getting hungrier faster. I still don't eat a lot at each meal, but I am all about the 5-6 meals/snacks a day.

Gender: A Little Lady.

What I Miss: Nothing really.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My baby shower. OK – it’s like over 3 weeks away, but the invitations went out this week so I'm excited for it. Here they are:

I designed them … I know, but I’m a designer and couldn’t bear the thought that someone else would be doing it.

Oh and a week before my shower is our 3D ultrasound. So I’m excited about that too!

Weekly Wisdom: Back to my age old advice, drink lots of water!

Milestones: I’m in the third trimester!

Emotions: I’m feeling pretty good. I think the daylights savings helps. I love that I can still leave work at 6-6:30 and it’s still light out. Tomorrow it’s suppose to be 75 degrees! I can’t wait!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Kimberly you look awesome. I think I was that size at 20 weeks, haha! I love the invitations! I had one of my good friends, who is a graphic designer do mine. As soon as I am allowed to see them I will be posting it. Can't wait to hear about your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts. It is nice to see what I would look like with one baby in there. You are rocking it! Keep up the awesome work momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Wow, third trimester. So exciting. Missing you soooo much. I love your design! I will email you my profile Sunday or Monday. We're fine tuning the 2 pager on Sunday...it's gonna look kick ass!

    Congrats on a great pregnancy.
    xox

    PS...can I come to your shower???

    Hee, hee. That would be funny. EVeryone would be like 'Who TF is that?'. Ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I can't believe it's already the third trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the time flying!
    Cute belly:) also, you must be truly glowing, such a fun story!

    ReplyDelete