Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MegaMillions


C and I aren't big lottery people. Sure I've scratched a few scratch offs and bought a few lottery tickets, but for the most part, we aren't that big into it. Well of course since last night's was $330 million I figured, what the hell. We both put in $10 each and got a bunch of tickets. We only chose one line of numbers and the rest were automated. We went to bed last night and I didn't think twice about it. When I woke up this morning, I jumped in the shower. While in there, I remembered about the MegaMillions and spent the time in there daydreaming about what I would do with the money.

And then it raised all these questions - Would I still work? Would we move? Who would we give money to? Do I buy my parents a new house? How much do I give to my nonprofit? And it got my mind onto this beautiful rollercoaster, going through the scenarios like they could actually happen. I imagined that C and I moved somewhere nice and warm. Buy a REAL house. On a big piece of property. I would quit my job for now - and focus on the baby. I would get to spend all the time I wanted home with baby. C would too. We would travel and give $ to our friends to travel. Bail our parents out of debt and set up retirement funds for them. I thought of all the worries and stresses from work and duties and how it would feel for them to be relieved. C and I do well in our careers, but it would be great to NEVER worry about money. I thought about how we could be nothing but happy, living the life people dream of.

I couldn't get out of the shower fast enough to see if we were changing our lives today. As I raced out of the bathroom and downstairs I thought of how I would wake up C by screaming and jumping on the bed "We Won! We Won!" I see the tickets on the coffee table and boot up my mac.book. I see the numbers and quickly start to scan our pickin's. The line we chose was a no go, but I have 19 more to look at. Sadly, as each line I passed, I start to realize that the dreams I had only a few moments ago aren't going to come true .... until I get to line 16 ... there it is ...
the powerball number. 42. We have it ... what does it mean? Anything? Well wouldn't you know it, we were winners this morning. We won $2. Granted it isn't enough for me to quit my job and move into a larger home, but at least I got to play make believe for a few minutes this morning and hey we at least recouped 10% of our money. Better than nothing I guess.

5 comments:

  1. Joey and I aren't big lotto players, either, but I do like to play the "What if we won the lotto?" fantasy game. It's fun to think about what you could do with all of that money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I dream of megamillions too. I want to buy a big farm-style house with lots of land and a red barn. I want horses (even though I know nothing about them) and I would spend my time raising our baby and learning to barrel race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life, but I did consider it yesterday lol - wouldn't that have been a crazy morning?!

    Glad you liked the blog-printing site. I thought it was pretty awesome, myself. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no good reason outside of pure arrogance that my blog would need to wind up in print form.

    Maybe if/when we are pregnant I'll keep a baby blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha. Loved this. Just enough to send me a letter in the mail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds fun! Congrats on the two bucks-two bucks towards your baby's college fund!

    ReplyDelete